terça-feira, 1 de junho de 2010

Um olhar - Daniel


Using the dog as an approach is almost as old as the dog it self: “Bite?” – “Not at all!” - “Oh! And the dog?”
Of course, another crutch, also almost infallible, is the little baby, in his little car, walked in the park. It’s like honey to bees.
For three years I used a fake old wooden camera, offered them a printed photo and, once in a while as a bonus, I asked for a different portrait or eyes.
Now, really difficult is when do not have any extra help and we really want that picture (or what so ever).
This is one technique:
Just go to that counter where they sell beer, or pints or “imperial”, as we call it here, near the Jazz concert. And, when those eyes came to us, I said:
“Just a second ago I wanted one thing, now I want two things: one easy and one difficult.” And show a friendly smile.
“And that would be…?”
“Well, the easy one is a beer. A real cool one.”
“And the difficult…?”
“I want to make a photo of your eyes. Can I?”
With or without beer, it works nine of ten times. Of course, it may take some more talking, and it is advisable to look around before, just to see who’s there and how.
Some times is just the eyes I get; Some times I’m lucky and able to do a portrait; Some less times we end up sharing also a beer; And seldom we became friends for ever.

Another approach, exclusive for smokers like me, is when I’m asked for my lighter in the street.
I pick it up from my belt, hold it for a second or two half way, and say:
“I’ll trade it!”
“Excuse me?!”
“My light for a photo of your eyes!”
It doesn’t matter if they are man or lady: nine of ten times I get the photo done!

I guess that surprise and a friendly smile are the key words!

Texto e imagem: By me

Sem comentários: