segunda-feira, 14 de junho de 2010

Pro versus amateur

I guess the main difference between a professional and an amateur is quite simple:
The professional do what ever he has to do in order to satisfy his client, using his experience and known formulas so that its work became as good as possible;
The amateur (from Latin “amore”, love) do what ever he does with his feelings, loving what he is doing, trying to find new ways to satisfy himself.

Today I went to a Jazz concert, in a park. I know this park for as long as I know my self. I do like Jazz, at least most of it. The weather was good, not too hot, not too windy. The light was also good, good levels, not too contrasted. The audience was good.
If I were a professional, I would came up with a bunch of pictures, each one of them able to be published into some magazine or so.
But I’m a lousy amateur and I wasn’t in the mood, for some reason still to be known. From all of some 200 pictures I done, those are the best I could do. I suppose they are technically correct, I suppose they show the event, but I wasn’t feeling the music, the audience, the light, the park. Maybe next time, I guess.








Texto e imagens: by me

Sem comentários: