quarta-feira, 24 de março de 2010

Playing with light


One of the things I do like about photography is the possibility of playing with light. Reproducing what would be the natural light, or creating new atmospheres.
This one was done where I have my daily morning coffee. One of those ladies needed a photo of herself at work for some paper work for her school. And we agree to do it when her boss where out and few customers there.
I didn’t like the available light there, from the ceiling: to cold, no personality, with almost no shadows at all. And one of my favourite’s motives to use this coffee shop is its light, due to its big windows.
So I use a strobe fixed on the counter near the door. And a second one on the camera, as a fill light and trigger. My main problem? The walls full with mirrors, that would reflect either one or the other. But I manage to find an angle where they can’t be seen.
Some will say that the contrast ratio is too big, that it is an unnatural light, that no one shoots this way.
I say that this is what I see on a sunny and bright day and that this photo do reflects the joy of living and sympathy I can feel from those three ladies.

Pentax K7, 18-55 DA, ISO 400, 1/125, f:16, AF 360fgz, Eva-Blitz DM 400GA, Sunpak slave unit

Sem comentários: