domingo, 14 de fevereiro de 2010

Hard to deal with


Can we fake things? We sure can!
This wasn’t taken on a sunny day. Today we had here, in Lisboa, Portugal, a heavy and overcast sky, with some wind and what some of you may call of “warm temperature”: 6ºC! For us, having it at 3.00 pm is really cold.
Anyway, it wasn’t the best day for some tests with my “new”/old lens. Believe me: I had to use gloves, since its focus ring, made of metal, freeze my hands. And, just to give some extra touch, fighting against my cap flap was my flash.
But here it is, made with my Soligor 200mm f/3.5.
It’s lovely to feel all that weight, from the metal and real glass. And it’s also funny to see how my look can anticipate its angle, before looking through the viewfinder.
Full manual, build in the early ’70, I have two adaptors ring, for Pentax and Cannon.
And why was it hidden deep into a case, forgotten for long time?
First of all, I had to block the diaphragm, so that it can work and close. So, full manual, for exposure and focus.
But also it has a minimum focus distance of 3 meters. Nothing that some extension ring can’t deal with, but not practical!
This was shot at a distance of 3 meters, 1/180, f/11, ISO 400, with my flash in manual mode and full power.
I’m waiting for a sunny day to test its contrast under hard light.


Texto e imagem: by me

Sem comentários: