quinta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2009

"No Sir" guy


Yesterday was the International Photography’s Day.
But maybe someone explain me why it happened on middle August. Half of the world is in high summer, the other half in high winter. And, as far as I know, neither season is the best one to use the camera out side. Either it is real hot, with high contrast light or is raining, with low contrast light. And cameras, most of them, don’t like water from sky!
Of course we can use summer or winter to photograph, but I prefer spring and fall to do it. Better light, better colours, nice shadows, medium weather.
But I also must say that I don’t like this day, the same way I don’t like Christmas, Labour’s day and other special days.
At Christmas, as well as at others holydays, people must be happy, family must get together, and everybody must have nice feelings about human kind. At Labour’s day, everybody remembers their poor working conditions, how small are their wages or how long are working journey.
But I believe that those feelings should happen every single day. It doesn’t matter what the calendar says. We must feel happy or protesting every time we want or feel like it and not just when someone say’s “Today is the day for it!”.
With photography should be just the same. Not only one day for exhibitions, not only one day to show and sell new books, not only one day to promote events around photography. And, for sure, not just one day to go out and make pictures and try to be creative.
As for me, since I don’t like this kind of unique celebrations, I dint use any of my cameras! The nearest I got was just the caring one of them on my belt, as usual. Just in case!
But I’m a “No sir” guy! And I practice photography all the other days of the year, but on the International Photography’s Day!


Texto e imagem by me

Sem comentários: