terça-feira, 11 de novembro de 2008

Surprise!


Some times we can surprise our self’s with our automatic behavior.
Those two pictures were taken some days ago, in a church. While a friend was looking around its interior, I was in the rear, near the door, waiting.
When looking at this candle and window, it seamed that it would make a nice picture, and I did the one on the left. Standing where I was, against the door, I use a rather long exposure time for a hand held camera with a medium f/ stop.
Looking it, in the small screen of the camera, it looked a little underexposure, so I did another one, on the right, using a bigger f/ stop.
And, as always, in both cases I framed thinking of a later cropping.

What did surprise me was the fact that I put the candle in the exactly same spot in both pictures. No measures, no tripod, no specials thinkings. Just framing, exposuring and trying to balance both elements – window and candle.
They are failed pictures! If I had time and my mind in the right place, I would do the exposure of the first and the framing of the second. But, I guess, the candle would be for ever in the same place.



Texto e imagem: by me

Sem comentários: